Florida (and its 29 electoral votes) could swing the 2020 election. Democrats have very narrowly lost in the last two statewide elections, so a big effort in Florida in 2020 could be the clincher.
Vote by Mail gives voters a safe way to cast their ballot without encountering closed polling locations and broken or hacked voting machines. Swing Left Greater Boston provides volunteers with the opportunity to send Vote by Mail applications to Florida voters and follow up with phone calls. We also have an internal research team that tracks our results. Our efforts are paying off!
- Florida VBM & Voter Protection Webinar
- Sign up for the MA for Florida newsletter which will keep you abreast of news and volunteering opportunities.
- Watch a Swing Left Greater Boston Florida Vote by Mail presentation
- Review Swing Left Greater Boston’s research on VBM postcards
Here are the different ways you can take action in Florida:
- Send registered Democrats English language applications to vote by mail. (Find a pickup near you.)
- Send registered Democrats Spanish language applications to vote by mail. (Sign up to learn more.)
- Send registered Democrats Haitian Creole language applications to vote by mail. (Sign up to learn more.)
- Phone banking to Democratic voters:
- Volunteer to protect the vote in Florida (remote or in-person)
- Join the Florida vote by mail mailing list
- Check out the calendar for letter-writing, texting and other opportunities.
NEW! Donate to the Democratic organizations in Florida who make our Vote by Mail work possible.
- Host a postcard-to-go event for English speaking voters
- Host a postcard-to-go event for Spanish speaking voters
- Host a postcard to go event for Haitian Creole speaking voters
- Serve as a phone bank host/captain for English speaking phone bank calls
- Serve as a phone bank host/captain for Spanish language phone bank outreach
- Serve as a phone bank host/captain for Haitian Creole phone bank outreach
- Talk to an organizer about hosting a phone bank or joining the production team.