Maine will be a “tipping point” race for taking back control of the Senate. As Congresswoman Katherine Clarke says: “All roads to the Senate lead through Maine, and all roads to Maine lead through Massachusetts.” We need to oust Susan Collins, defend the 2nd district congressional seat, and turn all of Maine’s electoral votes bright blue.
Swing Left helped Jared Golden flip the 2nd district congressional seat by just 3,000 votes in 2018; we want to do it again in 2020, this time with the Senate seat. Susan Collins is one of the most vulnerable Republican incumbents seeking re-election in 2020. Her favorability ratings have plummeted, but she is a skilled politician who has represented Maine in the Senate for 23 years. One third of Democrats in Maine have voted for Susan Collins at some point, and we need to put these voters back in the Dem column. This race is shaping up to be extremely close and every single phone call, letter and fundraising dollar is critical!
Volunteer for Maine
Here are the different ways you can take action in Maine:
- Sign up for a Maine Dems phone bank hosted by a volunteer.
- Staff the Maine Dems Voter Protection hotline or be a Poll Watcher.
- Be a Maine Poll Worker (Maine residents only).
- Check out the calendar for letter-writing, texting and other opportunities.
- Attend strategy briefing calls. Learn more and RSVP here.
- Sign up for Maine News Digest, which will keep you up to date on Maine activism news and volunteering opportunities.
Donate/Be a Fundraiser
Organizations you can consider donating to include:
- Swing Left Boston Swings Maine Left in 2020! (Maine Super State Fund)
- #DefeatCollins | Defeat Susan Collins in 2020 (Swing Left Boston Maine Senate Fund)
- Swing Left Boston ME-02 Fund
- Check out the Swing Left Maine Facebook page
- See a listing of Swing Left groups in Maine (use a Portland zip code 04106, 300-mile range)
Dialing for democracy—one SLGB volunteer shares why we all need to phone bank:
Contact Paula Joseph.