Pennsylvania’s 20 electoral votes would go a long way to helping Democrats win the White House in 2020.
Taking back control of the Pennsylvania General Assembly and ending Republican gerrymandering is another huge priority in 2020.
Democrats lost the state in 2016 for the first time since 1988. That’s why we need your help to make Pennsylvania blue again!
Our primary objectives in Pennsylvania are to: 1) win the state’s 20 Electoral College votes and 2) break Republican control of the state legislature by flipping one or both chambers.
In the state Senate, we are currently targeting five districts—four GOP-held seats and one Democratic hold. With only half of the chamber up for election in 2020, our Senate targets are scattered across the state, including Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, Erie, and the Philadelphia suburbs.
In the state House, we are currently targeting 16 districts—13 GOP-held seats and three Democratic holds. Eleven seats are located in Southeast Pennsylvania, close to the Philadelphia metro area and surrounding regions. The remaining five targets are located near Harrisburg, Wilkes-Barre, and the Pittsburgh suburbs.
Discover more about what makes Pennsylvania a Super State in the video below.
Learn more https://swingleft.org/p/pennsylvania.
- Strategy Briefing Calls. Learn more/RSVP here.
- Phone Bank Guide forthcoming.
Donate/Be a Fundraiser
Swing Left Boston Swings Pennsylvania Left in 2020! (Pennsylvania Super State Fund)
Volunteer in Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Event Calendar
- Events in PA www.swingleft.org/events (Philadelphia zip code 19019, Pittsburgh zip code 15106)
- Turn PA Blue
- Field Team 6 Voter Registration
- Field Team 6 Pennsylvania calendar here
- Learn more/sign up for Field Team 6 here
- Field Team 6 and Blue Revolution (Dan M, email@example.com) organizes mid-week monthly voter registration events to Philadelphia. Events appear on the Field Team 6 calendar and the Swing Left Greater Boston calendar
- Links and resources here
- Partners for Progress Southwest PA
- Be a Pennsylania Poll Watcher
- YesWeCanvass (31st Street Swing Left in PA and NC)
Volunteer from Anywhere
- Pennsylvania Event Calendar
- Write letters to voters/voter registration by mail with Vote Forward
- Host a voter-by-mail party or other event (house party, unity debate watch party, fundraiser, phone bank, or in-state canvassing/voter registration event). More here
- Sister District MA/RI Team is focusing on the Pennsylvania State Legislature in 2020.
- Amy Bouchard is the New England Regional Organizing Coordinator (ROC) is coordinating Pennsylvania volunteers (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Join the Swing Left Greater Boston Pennsylvania Interest Group. Lead organizers Bob S. and Ann E. are organizing Boston-area phone banks and letter writing events, and in-state events around the Lehigh Valley. Contact: email@example.com. Frances B. (firstname.lastname@example.org) is organizing local phone bank captains.
- Dan M./Blue Revolution (email@example.com) organized pre-pandemic, monthly Philadelphia voter registration events Philadelphia, and is currently organizing virtual letter writing parties for Pennsylvania
- Jamie (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Andrea (email@example.com) at Turn PA Blue can connect folks interested in working in PA, particularly on legislative races.