Texas is on the brink of becoming a blue state. There is momentum in Texas, and we could make huge gains there with your help!
Winning the state’s 38 electoral votes would be a game changer for Democrats. Jimmy Carter was the last Democratic presidential candidate to win Texas — all the way back in 1976.
Beto O’Rourke’s strong showing in his 2018 Senate race against Sen. Ted Cruz marked a big swing to the left in Texas. And, with U.S. Senator John Cornyn is running to keep his seat, there’s another chance for Democrats to make a dent in Texas.
There are also seats that are ours to win the Texas Legislature in 2020!
Our primary objectives in Texas are to: 1) flip the U.S. Senate seat currently held by John Cornyn, 2) compete for the state’s 38 Electoral College votes, and 3) break unified GOP control of the state government by flipping the Texas State House.
In the state Senate, we are currently targeting one GOP-held seat. With only half of the chamber up for reelection in 2020, nearly all of the competitive seats are off the map until 2022. Our target district is located in southwest Texas, stretching from San Antonio to the Mexican border.
In the state House, we are currently targeting 11 districts—nine GOP-held seats and two Democratic holds. Nine of these districts voted for Beto O’Rourke in 2018, making them competitive in 2020. Geographically, the pathway to victory runs through the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area (seven targets) and the greater Houston metro area (four targets).
Learn more https://swingleft.org/p/texas
Donate/Be a Fundraiser
- Swing Left Boston Swings Texas Left in 2020! (Texas Super State Fund)
- Swing Left Boston Texas Senate Fund
Volunteer in Texas
- Texas Event Calendar
- MobilizeAmerica Texas voter registration events
- Events in TX www.swingleft.org/events (Dallas zip code 75001, Houston zip code 70001, El Paso zip code 79835)
- Swing Texas Left Events
- Field Team 6 Voter Registration
- Battleground Texas
- Be a Texas Poll Watcher
Volunteer from Anywhere
- Texas Event Calendar
- Write letters to voters/voter registration by mail with Vote Forward
- Host a voter-by-mail party or other event (house party, unity debate watch party, fundraiser, phone bank, or in-state canvassing/voter registration event). More here
- Sister District MA/RI Team is focusing on the Texas State Legislature in 2020.
- Join the Swing Left Greater Boston Texas Interest Group
- Swing Left Texas
- Swing Left contact State Director Erika R.
- Swing Left TX-07 Houston-area Voter Registration
- Swing Left groups (Dallas zip code 75001, Houston zip code 70001, El Paso zip code 79835)