Help Florida Democrats Vote by Mail. Give ‘Em a Ring!
Florida (and its 29 electoral votes) could swing the 2020 election.
Democrats have very narrowly lost in the last two statewide elections, so a big effort in Florida in 2020 could be the clincher.
Swing Left is working with the Florida Democratic Party to support their campaign to encourage inconsistent Dem voters to sign up for vote by mail (VBM). They’ve got a big list and it’s a simple script that’s easy for new phone bankers.
For every 3 vote-by-mail (VBM) signups, you turnout 1 vote.
VBM helps voters avoid last minute conflicts on Election Day ….and long lines!
Why vote by mail? VBM:
- Helps increase voter turnout. Florida Dems sent out 150,000 mailers to encourage strong Dems with inconsistent voting history to sign up for VBM
- Gives voters more time to study the ballot and find answers to their questions
- Easier and cost effective for election officials
- Helps keep voting lists up to date
Attend a Phone Bank
- Sunday 2/9 and 2/23 at Concord Activist Huddle. RSVP here
- Tuesday 2/25 Boston (Allston). RSVP here
- Tacos (vegan too) and phone bank at 6:30 pm, unity debate watch party at 8:30
- Sunday 3/1 at Cambridge Activist Afternoons. RSVP here
How to Call Florida Dems or Host a Phone Bank between 2/26-3/4
- RSVP for training kit, which includes the pre-recorded training call
- Choose date(s) between 2/26-3/4 between 9 am and 8 pm EST
- Post your event(s) on MobilizeAmerica here
- Suggested event description here
- Cannot host a phone bank? You can make calls from home—but hosting a phone bank multiplies your impact!
- Questions? Contact Colleen M. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Learn More about Florida