- This event has passed.
ONLINE – New England for Michigan: Let’s Talk MI
March 9 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm EDT
Join Michigan Regional Coordinator Adam M. and Swing Left Boston Volunteer Organizer Lisa P., and learn how we’re going to turn Michigan as blue as the Great Lakes!
We’ll chat about: • Swing Left’s Michigan strategy • Swing Left priorities (voter registration and legislative districts) • Opportunities to be boots on the ground (voter registration and canvassing) • Travel plans • Other ways to flip Michigan
Cannot be on the call? Please let us know about your interests at www.tinyurl.com/letsgomi and/or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Look forward to learning more about your interests and connections to MI!
RSVP for the information/organizing call here.
As you know, Michigan’s 16 electoral college votes are critical to winning the White House in 2020.
In 2016, we didn’t get enough voters in traditional Democratic strongholds—and lost crucial votes in rural Michigan. Gaining back support in these areas (and state-wide) will be essential to winning Michigan.
Our primary objectives in Michigan are to:
- Win the state’s 16 electoral college votes
- Flip control of the Republican-led Michigan State House (for the first time since 2010!)
Learn more about Michigan 2020 at www.swingleftboston.org/2020-michigan
*Make It a #DemocracyHoliday*
Have you considered a Michigan #DemocracyHoliday or #vacaycanvassing?
- Experience the dark skies of Michigan, filled with the splendid celestial skyscapes, including the aurora borealis (northern lights). Six Michigan state parks are protected Dark Sky Preserves and include the Headlands International Dark Sky Park.
- Visit what Condé Nast calls America’s secret holiday coast and best beach holidays, where “the Great Lakes flow like a Springsteen song…with comparisons to Cape Cod and the Hamptons”
- Catch the Traverse City Film Fest, founded by Michael Moore. Moore thinks Traverse City is the four-season Lake Michigan town we all need to discover.
- Wander miles of sand beach at Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore on Lake Michigan.
- Tour the factory where Henry Ford created and built the Model T. and learn the stories behind the creation of General Motors and DaimlerrChrysler at Motor Cities National Historic Area
- Learn more at ourMichigan trip planner