Ready organize a group to knock on doors (canvass)? That’s great! Studies show that face to face conversations are twice as effective as phone calls, and even more effective than texting.
We suggest attending a few events before hosting your own event—just check out our event calendar.
Early 2019 will be a little quiet for door knocking, but that will change soon. Also, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Virginia have off-year state elections, so there may be some 2019 opportunities in those states.
Interested in a particular state? Check out our Swing Left 2020 guide, and join a key state team!
Looking for an opportunity in a particular state or with a particular campaign? Check out MobilizeAmerica. It is a little quiet now, but that will change.
Start with the new Swing Left Host Guide.
- Be sure to include the district or candidates name (if applicable) in the event title. Example: Board Game Night Fundraiser for FL-15, Postcard Party for KY-06, Texting for GA-06, Fundraiser for Swing Left Senate Fund, etc.
- Need assistance? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Promote Your Event
- Swing Left Promotion Guide
- Let us know about your event! Fill out our event form, so we can put it on the Swing Left Boston event calendar and possibly the weekly newsletter.
- List your event on the Indivisible MA calendar
- Promote your event with our publicity checklist
- Swing Left Host Guide
- Learn more about canvassing (includes training information)
- Sign in sheets
- Email us a cell phone picture or scan post-event (email@example.com) and we will return a spreadsheet
- Indivisible MA tips for organizing events and recruiting volunteers