How many days left until the Midterm elections? Check here.
What’s the best way to turn New England’s congressional delegation blue? Come to Maine and knock doors!
Face-to-face conversations with voters can swing this election in Jared Golden’s favor
How to Knock Doors (Canvass)
- Grab a friend and drive to a canvass location. See where others are going on our interactive Google map and canvass tracker spreadsheet, then RSVP for canvass shifts.
- The Golden campaign asked that we fan out across Maine. We believe in self-organizing, so we put together this simple spreadsheet. Find out where others are going and add your group. Don’t worry if you have a small group! 1-2 is optimal for rural canvasses. Contact Paula Joseph for help at Paula@Josephemail.net
- Have room in your car or want a ride? Sign up for carpool/rideshare canvasses from Boston on our interactive Google map (now until 11/6)
- Lewiston/Auburn GOTV canvasses are now full. Please RSVP for canvass shifts outside of Lewiston. See the interactive Google map or campaign office page for drive times to other canvass locations.
Most Urgent Needs
As of 11/4:
You can even stay overnight and come to the election watch party.
- Find campaign offices, nearby travel and lodging resources, and RSVP to canvasses
- Find or organize a phone bank
- Find an event on the ME-02 calendar
- Find homestays/volunteer housing
About Jared and ME-02
Jared Golden (ME-02) is a progressive, military veteran, and an experienced political leader in Maine. He currently serves as the assistant majority leader in the Maine state legislature. He has an excellent chance at defeating conservative incumbent, Wall Street millionaire Bruce Poliquin—New England’s only Republican member of Congress.
Polls are neck and neck, and the race could be decided by a few hundred votes. Every phone call and door knock could make a difference in this extremely close race.
Learn more about Jared Golden and ME-02.