Resources for Swing Blue Alliance/SLGB Team Leaders
You can use Mobilize to post your events on the SLGB calendar and collect RSVPs. It also allows you to communicate with all attendees, and automatically sends them reminders and confirmation emails.
- Mobilize event campaigns: we have created templates for many events that make it easy for a host to post. See page 2 of the Mobilize guide
- For help using Mobilize: see the Swing Left Greater Boston Mobilize guide.
- NEW! Check out Lisa Kretsge’s Mobilize How To video
- Host a Virtual Event
- Best Practices for Messaging Volunteers
- How to find Mobilize event confirmations (for volunteers)
- If you have additional questions, contact Lisa Kretsge or Julia Philbrook
Swing Left Greater Boston Calendar
Our calendar team updates and maintains the calendar with all locally hosted events.
- Events created on Mobilize will automatically be added to the calendar by our team.
- General form to create an event
- Email the calendar volunteers (email@example.com) if your event changes or you need help.
- The Events Calendar is actually many calendars in one. You can create a custom-link to display just the events you want. Very handy for emails and social media. Example: Maine phone banks (list view)
Your team can use Action Network to maintain an email list that allows you to send out general mailings such as a newsletter, or targeted emails to activist subgroups.
- Tags: Activists in Action Network will have tags added that can indicate information such as their volunteer interests and participation history.
- Signup Forms: you can use AN to create forms that collect signups for particular programs/interests i.e. language skills, voter protection
- Emails: Tyler Moss can help you create and send emails through AN. Fill out this form.
- Learn how to use the Action Network with this video made by Tyler Moss.
- Our Action Network tag team is a great resource. They can export your signups from Mobilize events into your AN group so you can keep in touch with your volunteers.
- For help getting started with Action Network, you can connect with Andy Liebman.
- State Pages: each super state team has its own page:
- You should keep your page up to date with the latest strategy calls, volunteer/organizing opportunities, important information, etc.
- Sign-up forms: Sign up forms for specific teams are listed under “Join” on the website. Most of these forms are linked to your own Action Network or Swing Left group (or the signups are sent to the team lead). To see the signup forms, please check this comprehensive documentation. You should follow up with people who sign up to volunteer with your team.
Swing Blue Alliance Groups
- For any volunteer, including those outside of MA, we are offering Swing Blue Alliance as a support system and group affiliation.
- Relevant programming can be posted on your super-state page or the Swing Blue Alliance landing page.
- SwingBlueAlliance.org goes directly to the Swing Blue Alliance landing page.
- Separate Action Network Groups: if you are maintaining your own Action Network group, you can use it to host your volunteer database and keep in touch with them. (See Action Network section above.)
Phone Banking Resources
- Phone Bank Captain Training (hosted by Paula Joseph every Sunday)
- Remote Phonebank Host Hub (Swing Left)
- Host a Virtual Phone Bank (Open VPB)
- Maine Phone Bank Captain’s Kit (Rebecca Riccio)
- ThruTalk training (Rebecca Riccio – Maine)
- Pennsylvania Phone Bank Captain’s Kit
- Swing Left Greater Boston volunteer directory
- Join Slack. (Link expires 10/3)
- Swing Blue Alliance logos and Powerpoint Template
- SLGB Logos and PowerPoint Template
- Please contact Jamie French for help with your presentation.