Want to attend or host a phone bank? That’s great—phone banking is the next best thing to canvassing.
You will average about 30 calls per hour, with about 5-10 conversations per hour. Every contact is valuable, no matter what the outcome.
A script will be provided. You can alter it to fit your conversational style—but remember, the campaign needs to gather some basic information. Be sure to cover the important points and questions.
- Boston-area events calendar
- Indivisible MA calendar (texing and phone banking)
- NH-01 district calendar
- NY-19 district calendar
- NY-22 district calendar
Please bring a fully charged cell phone, fully charged device (computer, laptop, or tablet), and headphones or earbuds.
We recommend this short video on how to improve phone bank skills
Some campaigns use Virtual Phone Bank (VPB), a self-dialer, or Hub Dialer or Call Hub, which are Predictive Dialer. PD means once you are signed in, you do not need to dial any numbers yourself—the dialer calls for you and skips all those people who don’t answer.
Host a Phone Bank
- NH-01 and NH-02
- Contact: Field Organizer Jason Sutherland (email@example.com, 508-446-6007) or set-up through Indivisible MA
- Contact: Out-of-State Volunteer Coordinator Mitch McVeigh (firstname.lastname@example.org, 818-621-0066) or set-up through Indivisible MA
- Let us know about your phone bank event
- Set up your Action Network event. Be sure to put ME-02 in the title, so it shows up on the district calendar. Note: some folks use email or Facebook RSVPs. Problems? Contact email@example.com.
- Promote your event with the Swing Left Greater Boston publicity checklist
Need more information? Check our training page.
Thanks so much—looking forward to phone banking with you soon!
Other Action Steps