What You Can Do to Help
We don’t need to wait for 2020: Virginia is the most important battleground state of 2019. If we flip just 4 seats in the state legislature, we can turn Virginia blue and set up a decade of progressive progress. Learn more at http://swingleft.org/virginia
Knock Doors to GOTV for Sheila Bynum-Coleman
Swing Left Greater Boston is canvassing in Sheila Bynum-Coleman‘s district, just south of Richmond. Join us! There are still a few spots in our lovely AirBnB, and it is only 8-9 hour drive rom Boston. Learn more here (including travel options).
Sign up to knock doors with Swing Left here.
Have Friends, Family, or Colleagues in Washington, DC or NYC Area?
Tell them to get on the bus! (the Swing Left or Sister District bus!
- Swing Left has aWashington DC GOTV bus to help flip the closest races in VA https://swingleft.org/bus
- Sister District has NYC area buses to a critical Virgin district for Wendy Gooditis. Learn more here.
Make Calls or Host a Phone Bank
- Make calls to VA voters from home, from anywhere in the country swingleft.org/callva. This link will be updated with the most up-to-date call opportunities, for the districts with the greatest need.
- Phone bank with Sister District MA/RI. Learn more here.
- Host a phone bank! Post a Swing Left Greater Boston event here (will take 1-2 days to post) or post under house party on the Swing Left site (latter option posts immediately).
- Learn more about phone banking here.
Amplify the Message on Social Media
Here are some social media guidelines from Swing Left national
Hashtags: #SwingLeft, #IVolunteered, #AllinforVA, #flipVAblue
Tag: @SwingLeft @SwingLeftBoston
When possible, include swingleft.org/takeaction so your friends know where to join you, from wherever they live.
31st Street Swing Left has raised over $18,000 to distribute their Virginia video ads. Their efforts are working incredibly well, and the following campaigns are using it: Dougherty, Guy, Myers, Fowler, Pohl, Mallard and Willett. They are fully funding some, sharing cost with a few, and a couple are paying for it themselves. The campaigns love the ad, and it is being targeted at low-turnout voters.
WinVirginia, (the organization founded by Tom Perriello, former candidate for governor,) is airing the ad in the Virginia Beach and Richmond areas. The $18,000 plus 31st Streeet has raised and committed so far has been highly effective. With $4,000 more 31st Street can get the ad out to more voters.
Donate to the 31st Street ad campaign here by Thursday close of buisiness to be most effective in their final GOTV efforts.